Bearded Dragon Care
Explore the resources below to learn more about bearded dragons and their care.
As part of our partnership, ReptiFiles has prepared scientifically-backed care sheets just for Zen Habitats fans. For more in depth care sheets, or for care sheets on reptiles not featured here, please visit www.reptifiles.com.
Zen Habitats spoke with Tricia Koczor, one of our gurus and creator of Reptilian Garden on YouTube, about Bearded Dragons and what you need to know so your pet can be happy and healthy!
Kasey, Zen's own Animal Care Manager, provides tips and advice so you can take care of you beloved beardie!
More Articles from Trusted Sources
- Bearded Dragon Behavior - Recognizing what behavior your beardie is exhibiting and why it is showing this kind of behavior is important to truly understand your pet. It is also helpful to know what behaviors are normal and which ones are signs of stress or illness. (via TheSprucePets.com)
- How to Stop Your Beardie from Glass Surfing- Bearded Dragons are popular pet lizards with some unique behaviors but not all of these behaviors indicate that a bearded dragon is happy. Glass surfing is one such behavior that may appear to be cute but is actually an indication that something is wrong and should be addressed. (via TheSprucePets.com)
- How to Provide Enrichment for Lizards (video and article ) - Learn more about the importance of making captivity a rewarding and worthwhile experience for our pet reptiles. (via Reptifiles.com)
- How to Quarantine Reptiles (video and article) - Do you have more than one reptile pet? One of the most overlooked issues in multiple-reptile households is how to quarantine them. (via Reptifiles.com)
- Does Loose Substrate Cause Impaction? (video and article) - Impaction — also known as a blockage of the gastrointestinal tract in reptiles — is often attributed to the use of loose substrates such as sand. Learn more about the subject of impaction and why reptiles need loose substrate. (via Reptifiles.com)
- 7 Things Every New Reptile Keeper Should Know - Constant learning is an important part of owning a reptile. For new owners there are 7 tips they need to know in the beginning. Topics include temperature gradients, UVB lighting, and enclosure requirements. (via Reptifiles.com)
Live Plants vs Fake Plants — Which is Better for Your Reptile? -
The issue of live plants vs fake plants for reptiles prevents many owners from going bioactive. Learn about which is better, if live plants are needed for bioactive substrates, and more. (via Reptifiles.com)
- What Foods Do Reptiles Eat? - Reptiles are surprisingly cute and fun to care for. Making sure your pet has the right food to eat is just as important as watching your own diet. Learn more about the proper diet for your pet. (via TheSprucePets.com)
- How to Tell If Your Lizard is Sick- Since lizards (and generally, all reptiles) have such slow metabolisms, when they get sick, they often do not show signs of illness until a disease has progressed, and sometimes not until it is too late to treat. Therefore, it is critical that reptile owners know what signs to look for to tell that their pet is ill before the animal is too far gone for veterinary therapy. (via PetMD.com)
- Metabolic Bone Disease in Reptiles - Metabolic Bone Disease is a significant concern for reptiles that primarily eat plants and/or insects. (via PetMD.com)