Crested Gecko Care
Explore the resources below to learn more about crested geckos and their care.
As part of our partnership, ReptiFiles has prepared scientifically-backed care sheets just for Zen Habitats fans. For more in depth care sheets, or for care sheets on reptiles not featured here, please visit www.reptifiles.com.
Kasey, Zen's own Animal Care Manager, discusses why cresties are among her favorite reptiles!
More Articles from Trusted Sources
- Tail Loss in Geckos - Fortunately, gecko tail loss is a natural phenomenon, and your pet should come through it just fine. While its tail is growing back, however, there are a few things you can do to ensure it does so healthily. (via TheSprucePets.com)
- What to Do When Your Lizard Loses Its Tail - For the unsuspecting pet parent, having a lizard lose or drop its tail can be unnerving. However, the good news is that, like magic, most lizards can regrow their tails completely. (via PetMD.com)
- Metabolic Bone Disease in Reptiles - Metabolic Bone Disease is a significant concern for reptiles that primarily eat plants and/or insects. (via PetMD.com)
- Five Key Elements of Reptile Nutrition - From turtles and tortoises to iguanas and lizards, a complete and balanced diet is critical for the health and longevity of reptiles. Complete means all nutrients required for the species’ age and lifestyle are included, and balanced means all nutrients are available in the correct amount and proportions. (via Reptiles Magazine)
- How to Quarantine Reptiles (video and article) - Do you have more than one reptile pet? One of the most overlooked issues in multiple-reptile households is how to quarantine them. (via Reptifiles.com)
- 7 Things Every New Reptile Keeper Should Know - Constant learning is an important part of owning a reptile. For new owners there are 7 tips they need to know in the beginning. Topics include temperature gradients, UVB lighting, and enclosure requirements. (via Reptifiles.com)
Live Plants vs Fake Plants — Which is Better for Your Reptile? -
The issue of live plants vs fake plants for reptiles prevents many owners from going bioactive. Learn about which is better, if live plants are needed for bioactive substrates, and more. (via Reptifiles.com)
- New Indian Bent-toed Gecko Species Discovered And Described - Researchers in India have discovered a new species of Bent-toed Gecko from the Indian province of Arunachal Pradesh. The reptile is brown in coloration with a blotched pattern from the base of its tail up to its nape. (via Reptiles Magazine)